PREGNANCY & INFANT LOSS RESOURCES
Pregnancy & Infant Loss Resources
Local & National Grief & Infant Loss Support
- Bears of Hope – Bears Of Hope Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support provides leading support and exceptional care for families who experience the loss of their baby.
- Pregnancy Loss Australia – Pregnancy Loss Australia (formerly known as Teddy Love Club) is a national support program for bereaved families who suffer the loss of their baby or babies from miscarriage, stillbirth, termination for feotal abnormality and neo natal loss through our early support program and professional support services.
- Sands – Sands continues to provide support to all bereaved parents and families who have suffered the death of a baby anytime from conception through to 28 days after birth – this includes miscarriage, neonatal death, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy and genetic/medically advised termination.
- Grieve Out Loud – Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support – If you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a child or pregnancy you might not know where to go or how to talk about it. That’s why we’re here. We all believe our grief needs to be spoken out loud and not kept bottled up inside.
- Sids & Kids – Loss and Grief – SIDS and Kids WA have counsellors available to speak to any person who is dealing with a loss in person or over the phone.
- National Association for Loss and Grief – At the NALAG Centre for Loss and Grief they provide loss and grief support to those who are grieving.
- Post & Antenatal Depression Association – PANDA’s National Perinatal Depression Helpline, funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments, provides vital support, information, referral and counselling to thousands of Australian parents and their families.
- Butterflies for Babies Day – Pregnancy Loss Australia is an Australia wide support program for bereaved parents who suffer the loss of their baby or babies at any gestation during pregnancy or shortly after birth.
- The Compassionate Friends of Western Australia – A self-help organisation offering support to families after the death of a child at any age and from any cause.
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Research & Information – information, support and healing for everyone affected by pregnancy and infant loss.
- Tiny Sparks WA – Tiny Sparks WA is a not-for-profit charity run by local volunteer families, dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of mothers enduring high-risk pregnancies, newborns requiring the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) or special care nursery (SCN), and the communities supporting them in Western Australia.
- Australian Centre for Grief & Bereavement – The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement is a not for profit organisation established to provide a range of education, counselling, research and clinical services for those working in and affected by experiences of grief and bereavement.
- Beyond Blue – Support for anyone experiencing depression and anxiety.
Online Facebook Support Groups
- Miscarriage, Stillbirth & Infant Loss Group
- Sids & Infant Loss Support
- Healing Hearts Infant Loss Support Group
- Bears of Hope Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Network
- CarlyMarie Project – Know that your journey through grief is entirely yours. Like the author of a book, you decide how your grief story is written. Be empowered by that.
International Support Organisations
- A Place to Remember – Uplifting support resources for those who have been touched by a crisis in pregnancy or the death of baby.
- Baby Steps – Named after the baby steps that form the long and difficult road to recovery from the loss of a child. Support, resources and dedications.
- Miscarriage Support Auckland Inc. – The miscarriage support website offers empathy, emotional and psychological peer support and information for all women who have experienced the loss of their baby, but particularly by miscarriage. It is the strength of the bond with your baby, not the pregnancy length that determines the intensity of your grief.
- MISS Foundation – MISS is a nonprofit, volunteer based organization committed to providing emergency support to families in crisis after the death of their baby or young child from any cause. They help families cope with the resultant feelings of overwhelming grief and loss.
- Missing Grace Foundation – Organisation offers pregnancy and infant loss support, as well as infertility and adoption support. Also strives to educate parents about their role in stillbirth prevention in their own pregnancies.
- Healing Hearts Baby Loss Comfort
- Stillbirthday – Birth and Bereavement Support in any trimester. Offers resources and support for families experiencing a loss.
- The Seashore of Remembrance – The Seashore of Remembrance gives families the opportunity to honour a loved who has passed away in a unique and meaningful way. inscribed names in the sand under sunsets and draw butterflies for babies, children and adults of any age or gestation that have passed away.
- Heartfelt – Heartfelt is a volunteer organisation of professional photographers from all over Australia dedicated to giving the gift of photographic memories to families that have experienced stillbirths, premature births, or have children with serious and terminal illnesses.
- Keep it Unique Keepsakes – Help soothe your soul after a miscarriage, pregnancy loss, stillbirth or baby loss with a beautiful range of personalised memorial jewellery (including urn jewellery), baby memorial books, baby loss poems, grief and loss resources and ideas on ways to memorialise your baby.
- Forget Me Not Sympathy Gifts
- KJ Keepsake Jewellery – Memorialise a young life with baby loss jewellery especially created to hold ashes or a lock of hair safely and discreetly inside. Our baby and infant loss jewellery includes designs which can be custom engraved with your baby’s photo, hand or footprints.
- Forever in My Heart – Keepsakes and Sympathy Gifts for grieving hearts.
“Some people believe in angels. I held one in my arms.”