Lamaze Group Childbirth Education Classes
$600 Group $950 Private
Lamaze Brisbane is part of Lamaze International which a nonprofit organisation that promotes a natural, healthy, and safe approach to pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenting. Lamaze education and practices are based on the best and most current medical evidence available and help women advocate for the pregnancy and childbirth they want and deserve.
As Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educators we have developed a complete childbirth education program that encompasses all the information you need to be able to transition through pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period with ease and with great anticipation for this journey ahead. Lamaze has a long standing reputation as one of the leaders in childbirth education in working with families and has aided millions of pregnant women achieve their desired childbirth outcomes using Lamaze practices.
The Lamaze classes incorporate the 6 healthy birth practices:
- Let labor begin on its own
- Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
- Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body’s urges to push
- Keep mother and baby together – It’s best for mother, baby and breastfeeding